Opening a bank account outside the US

If you believe a Yale bank account outside the US is required, please contact the Office of the Controller, Treasury Services (203-432-4474 or and provide a full description of the related Yale program and the purpose and duration of the proposed account. This office will analyze the proposal and coordinate with other Yale offices, as necessary, and respond to you.

In most cases, Yale will be unable to open a bank account abroad unless Yale has first taken formal steps to legally register a subsidiary or branch of Yale in the specific country.

A University employee should NOT open a bank account under his or her name in order to conduct University business.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013