Sending a Yale Employee Overseas to Conduct Research


For short-term research and other such trips abroad, one of the main considerations will be having the proper visas and permits to enter the country and conduct work.  If a local institution sponsors the visit, they should be able to assist with the requirement and with logistical needs such as housing and transportation. 

Longer-term stays (e.g., of a few months or more) may involve additional review and planning as described in the following sections.  

Yale employees traveling outside the U.S. should refer to Yale’s international travel orientations before departure for information and tools on travel safety, health, and planning.

Review the information provided in this section to learn what questions you should ask and what resources are available to help you.  Use the Contact Us link on the top right to request assistance with specific countries.

Previous     << <<  >> >>     Next