Items which may be affected by export and import restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- laptops and other electronic devices
- certain kinds of technologies, including software and other know-how
- research or technical data (see "Deemed Exports")
- art, artifacts and antiquities
- hazardous materials
- animal and plant materials
Select the topics below for more information about certain kinds of export and import restrictions and for more information about the regulation of exports and imports.
Keep in mind that both U.S. and other countries' laws may apply to your activities. For help with determining what requirements apply to your work, contact the Office of the General Counsel or the Director of International Agreements and Export Control Licensing (Office of Grant and Contract Administration). You may also use the Contact Us to request assistance.