Register your travel!
Before you travel, be sure to register your travel plans on the Yale Emergency Travel Registry website so we can contact you to provide help in the event of a major emergency. You will need to login to the registry using your NetID.
Five More Things to Do Before You Travel
The University strongly encourages all members of the University community who are contemplating travel abroad for educational or other purposes to plan well in advance and to take precautions to ensure a safe trip.
In addition to registering your travel, here are five other things you can, and should, do as soon as you know you will be traveling:
- Check your passport. Will it expire soon and need to be renewed? If you do not have a passport, apply now (there may be long waits for U.S. passports). Check the visa requirements for each country you are visiting to see if you need a visa to enter that country. Yale rates for passport and visa services are available through CIBT.
- Make an appointment with the Travel Clinic at the Yale Health Plan, 203-432-0093. For a fee, the Clinic will provide pre-travel care including consultation, education, vaccination, travel medications, and, if necessary, referrals.
- Yale College students should contact the Yale College Center for International Experience, 203-432-8761. Students in the Graduate and professional schools should contact their school representatives.
- Consult the FrontierMEDEX member center to familiarize yourself with this program and print out your Yale FrontierMEDEX card with information on what to do in an emergency.
- Complete an international travel orientation. For information, tools, and additional resources devoted to travel planning, health, and safety, visit Yale's international travel orientation page.
Click on the headings listed below for additional guidance and resources related to travel. For country-specific resources, click on the Country Resources directory in the right-hand menu. To request assistance Contact Us.