What to do in an emergency
If you encounter an emergency while traveling, take the following steps.
- Where serious injury or illness has occurred, immediately seek medical treatment at the closest medical facility and, if relevant, notify your in-country program staff right away. If medical service is not available, contact UnitedHealthcare Global for assistance (click link or call collect 1-410-453-6330).
- Call the University 24-hour security office 203-785-5555. Notify the contact person in your program, department, or school.
- For medical emergencies, notify your personal health care provider.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consular service.
- Contact UnitedHealthcare Global (click link or call collect 1-410-453-6330) to inform them of your emergency. UnitedHealthcare Global will assist, monitor, and coordinate your situation until it has been resolved or you are no longer in danger.