Economic Sanctions and Embargoes
The costs of non-compliance with U.S. economic sanctions and embargoes requirements are high:
- Fines (depending upon the sanctions program, amount of up to $250,000 for individuals and up to $1 million for companies plus possible additional civil penalties).
- Prison sentences of up to 20 years.
- Termination of employment or other disciplinary measures.
- Reputational damage and negative publicity.
- Debarment (affecting federal contract eligibility), nullification of contracts, revocation of import/export licenses, and loss of product registration.