Prohibited Individuals and Entities
- Use Yale’s systems for making payments, shipping items, and transferring materials. Yale’s systems include screening processes to prevent transactions with prohibited parties.
- If you must make a payment overseas outside of Yale’s systems (e.g., an out-of-pocket expense which will be reimbursed later), have the transaction screened in advance. Contact the Director, Corporate Contracts and Export Control Licensing for help.
- Follow Yale policies and procedures related to financial transactions, shipping, materials transfers, and other international activities. See University Policies, Procedures, Forms & Guides, including Policy 3401, Payment Policy, General and review Yale Business’ Express Shipping instructions.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence when entering into any significant financial transaction, especially if the transaction will not be processed through Yale payment or shipping systems.
- Contact the Director, Corporate Contracts and Export Control Licensing (Office of Grant and Contract Administration) early to discuss applying for a license. The process of preparing the application is time-consuming and the wait for review and approval by the U.S. government agency can be lengthy.