Establishing a Presence Abroad

Certain overseas activities – opening a bank account, leasing space, fundraising, or hiring – may trigger local registration and other legal compliance requirements, which will vary by country.  Do not register Yale or a Yale-affiliated entity in another country on your own.  Decisions regarding the legal registration of Yale activities in another country must be taken in consultation with the Office of the General Counsel.  You may use the Contact Us link on the right to request help. 

The Office of the General Counsel will be able to help you examine the requirements specific to the nature of your work and your destination, determine the appropriate form of registration and identify other options that may be available, and advise you on meeting compliance obligations associated with the initial registration and its ongoing maintenance.