Hosting International Visitors on Campus
In advance of hosting any group, discuss the need for having health insurance with your guests and have a plan for emergency medical situations. It may be prudent to have a written agreement for your event that includes a provision on health insurance requirements (see “Contracts and Agreements”). Resources for healthcare and insurance coverage:
- Yale Health: contact Member Services for more information including use of external insurance coverage for Yale Health services.
Health insurance providers (medical expense coverage)
- International SOS: Yale’s travel assistance provider is also a resource for travel health insurance for visitors to campus.
- UnitedHealthcare Global: visiting individuals and groups can enroll in a UnitedHealthcare Global medical insurance plan.
- HTH Worldwide offers medical insurance programs for U.S. travelers abroad as well as international visitors to the U.S.
Travel assistance providers (evacuation/repatriation coverage for health emergencies) – small group coverage is available for non-Yale affiliates traveling on a University-sponsored program.
- International SOS travel assistance program
Resources for emergency needs