Hosting International Visitors on Campus
Accommodations for visiting guests include options such as on-campus housing in the Residential Colleges (during the summer), subleasing furnished apartments, and booking rooms in local hotels. Depending on what other activities are taking place on campus at the time, space can be limited. Resources for locating housing are listed below.
On-campus summer housing
- Send an email to the University Properties “panlist” to reach Yale departments that hold apartment leases in New Haven: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Fellows Program holds 16 furnished apartments available for sublease January – June, for minimum one-week rentals (longer stays preferred). To inquire contact email@example.com or call 203-432-1910.
Local hotels: be sure to have hotel contracts reviewed by Yale Procurement. Features and services of various local hotels that have been helpful to Yale’s overseas guests are noted below. Refer to Yale Travel Management website for instructions on booking of hotels.
- Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale: the hotel’s Guest Services book has been translated into Chinese.
- New Haven Hotel: the hotel’s Guest Services book has been translated into Chinese; the hotel has a large hall that can be used for catered dining (e.g., to provide food familiar to a visiting foreign delegation).
- The Study at Yale: accommodations often used for high-level visitors.
- Courtyard New Haven at Yale: offers group rates and accommodations.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites (Long Wharf): offers lower pricing and modest accommodations; shuttle service available.
- Premier Hotel and Suites (Long Wharf): offers reasonable pricing; shuttle service available; suites with kitchenettes are useful for extended stays.