Opening a bank account outside the U.S.

If you believe a Yale bank account outside the US is required, please review Yale Policy 2805 Establishing and Maintaining University Bank Accounts, then contact the Office of the Controller, Treasury Services (203-432-4474 orĀ and provide a full description of the related Yale program and the purpose and duration of the proposed account. This office will analyze the proposal and coordinate with other Yale offices, as necessary, and respond to you.

In most cases, Yale will be unable to open a bank account abroad unless Yale has first taken formal steps to legally register a subsidiary or branch of Yale in the specific country.

A University employee should NOT open a bank account under his or her name in order to conduct University business.

Last updated: