Visit the International SOS COVID Trip Planner for additional guidance as you prepare for your trip (requires log-in with Yale’s iSOS Membership Number: 11B824535).
Before You Depart
- Register your travel: You will need your NetID and must use a Yale networked computer or Yale VPN.
- Check your passport and visa requirements.
- Make a travel health appointment.
- Read about your health insurance coverage.
- Read the International SOS country report(s) for your destination(s).
- Request a customized travel briefing specific to your itinerary from International SOS: complete this form and email it to Philadelphia@internationalsos.com.
- Carry a physical copy of the International SOS card with you and install the TravelTracker app on your phone.
- Take photographs of important documents (passport, visas) to bring with you.
- Share your travel details with your Dean’s office or program office. Provide a copy of your itinerary to family or friends as well.
- Complete a travel self-assessment that guides you through the steps needed to understand policies and laws that apply to and preparations for international travel.
During Your Travel
- Use the “check in” feature of the TravelTracker app to record your location.
- Continue to update the Travel Tracker app as your plans change.
- Share travel plan changes with advisors, your Dean’s Office, family and friends when they occur so your contacts have the best information to reach you in case of an emergency.
- Carry your charged cell phone with you at all times.
- Be aware that you may encounter difficulty accessing certain technology services, including DUO (required for some Yale resources), due to new restrictions resulting from heightened concerns about cybersecurity. These restrictions are outside of Yale’s control.